We value your privacy
Wajam.com | Privacy
Effective Date: 27 August, 2012
TRUSTe Privacy Seal.
TRUSTe Trusted Download Program.
Wajam Inc's Wajam 1.0 has been certified by the TRUSTe's Trusted Download Program signifying that the Wajam application has been tested TRUSTe for compliance with TRUSTe's TDP program requirements including transparency, accountability and choice regarding the collection and use of your personal information. TRUSTe's mission is to accelerate online trust among consumers and organizations globally through its leading privacy trustmark and innovative trust solutions. If you have questions or complaints regarding the Wajam application, please contact us at Wajam, 4115 St-Laurent Suite 300, Montreal, Quebec, H2W 1Y7, Canada or by email at email@example.com. If you are not satisfied with our response you can contact TRUSTe here. The TRUSTe Trusted Download program does not cover other applications such as Wajam’s Mobile, Facebook and Twitter applications.
A SPECIAL NOTE FOR PARENTS AND LEGAL GUARDIANS:
Wajam respects the U.S Children's Online Privacy Protection (COPPA) Act of 1998 and the guidelines of the Children's Advertising Review Unit (CARU) of the Council of Better Business Bureau, Inc. You can help by spending time online with your children and monitoring your children's online use. Please help us protect your child's privacy by instructing them never to provide personal information on this website or any other without your permission.
If you are under 18, please be sure to read this policy with your parents or legal guardians and ask questions about things you do not understand. Children under 13 (U13) are prohibited from using the Services provided by Wajam.
- Purpose and Function
- Wajam uses a proxy or DLL to re-route internet searches through its servers in order to append social search results and to display advertising.
- Wajam VPN creates a VPN tunnel from the user device to an exit IP address in another region in order to give the user added privacy and security while browsing the internet.
Wajam Social Search Mobile
- The Wajam Social Search Application provides users with social results from their friends, within their existing search results, on their favourite search engines.
- Information Collection.
We only collect personal information:
- that you provide to us directly via the Website, the Wajam Application or Mobile Application when you fulfill the registration form, sign up for our Services and provide us feedback or comment. The collection is limited to the following information: name and email address;
- that we receive from our social networking partners (e.g., such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or LinkedIn), if you decide to subscribe to the Services through them; and/or
- that you decide to make available to us and your contacts (e.g., pictures) either directly or through our social networking partners.
- If you wish to update what information is shared through our social networking partner you can make the appropriate changes within the privacy controls of your social networking account.
- When using the Wajam Mobile Application, we use your location to give you recommendations for nearby places from your social networks. We do not track your location and do not share location data with third parties.
- Wajam may install itself as an add-on, local proxy and/or dll and may also collect the following usage information, whether you are accessing the Website or use the Wajam Application as a registered or non-registered user: your IP address, Wajam cookie information (see below), the date and time of your visit or use of the Wajam Application, the type of Internet browser or hardware device (computer or mobile/smartphone) you use, URLs of the pages you visit and other information including the content of encrypted web pages in order to give you personal search results and the URL of any other website that referred you to our Website. We use your Mac Address, Drive Serial Number and Default Browser to assign you a unique identifier. Wajam may also collect system information to diagnose and debug software issues.
We collect a list of all add-ons you've installed to Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer in order to detect and solve add-on compatibility issues.
- The system information collected is used for the purpose of assuring the stability and source control of our product. The company may require the collection of Internet Explorer url history and/or the list of installed programs in the intent of preventing fraud. It also allows the company to assure the best user experience by monitoring which other software are installed alongside Wajam. This collected information is not shared with any third parties. The installed programs list is linked to the users unique id in order to allow applying optimization or bug fixes.
- We do not collect any other personal information, period.
- Use of the Information.
- We use your personal information to manage your account, send you information on our Services, offer you new features or new services, optimize the Services we provide to you, provide updates for the Wajam Application and Mobile Application and provide customer services.
- If you no longer wish to receive promotional emails from us you may follow the unsubscribe instructions in each of the email communications you receive.
- We may also use your personal information for statistical purposes.
- We may use usage information (see above) to evaluate and improve the features, guest experience and functionality of our Website and/or the Wajam Application.
- Sharing and Disclosure.
- We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement. Wajam does not sell, rent, or share your personal information with other people, except to :
- members of your network (e.g. your network/friends/followers on Wajam, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or LinkedIn) if you decide to share certain personal information with them via the Services;
- service providers that facilitate our Services, provide any or all part of the Services on our behalf or help us improve the Services (for example, data storage, web analytics, mapping providers and maintenance service providers). These services providers have access to your personal information only for purposes of performing these tasks on our behalf;
- our advertising partners so that they can provide advertisements or promotional materials on or through the Website and/or the Wajam Application that are more relevant to you; and
- law enforcement officials or governmental agencies (i) in response to their request; (ii) when permitted or required by law; or (iii) to establish our compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, or guidelines.
- These providers and partners are prohibited from sharing or selling this information, and may not use this information for any purpose not enumerated in this section.
- In addition, if Wajam merges with another company, is subject to a corporate reorganization, sells or transfers all or part of the Website and/or the Wajam Application, its business assets or shares, or in the event of bankruptcy, it is possible that the personal information we possess may be sold, transferred or otherwise shared as part of that transaction. Also, Wajam may decide to retain a copy of the information post transaction.
- We may also share with third parties certain aggregated non-personal information about our users (such as the type of web browser they use) so as to optimize our Services. Third parties are prohibited from sharing or selling this information, and may not use this information for any purpose not enumerated in this section. You can opt out of this usage by visiting your account settings (see below in Advertising and Opting Out).
- Cookies, Third Party Cookies & Tracking Technologies.
- A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a web site or Mobile Application and stored locally. We do link the information we store in cookies to any personally identifiable information you submit while on our site or when using our Mobile Application. Wajam may set and access certain cookies on your computer or your mobile device for the following reasons:
- to facilitate your "signing in" on the Website or the Wajam Application or Mobile Application;
- so that we can provide you with customized content;
- to keep track of preferences you specify while you are using our Services;
- to provide general internal and user analytics;
- to conduct research to improve the content of the Website or the Mobile Application, the Wajam Application and the Services; and
- to assist in identifying possible fraudulent activities.
- If you configure your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to use certain or all of our Services.
- You may also request to delete your account in full from your profile’s settings page and remove the add-on from your browser’s “extension or add-on menu” or from your Windows Add/Remove Programs.
We have no access to or control over these cookies.
- We and our partners, affiliates, tracking utility company and service providers use software technologies such as clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs) that help us better manage content on our site and within our Mobile Application by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web and Mobile users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers’ personally identifiable information.
Advertising and Opting Out.
- You may view and manage your advertising preferences at any time by accessing your account settings. You can choose to opt out of advertising at any time by visiting your account settings.
- As long as your browser retains the Wajam opt-out cookie, Wajam won't serve ads to your browser.
Search Engine Logs Data
- We store search engine logs data to improve your search results and to maintain the security of our systems. Analyzing logs data helps our engineers improve the relevancy of your social search results.
- Search engine logs are anonymized and do not contain any personal information.
- Posting on Users' Accessible Areas.
- As a registered user, you may post, submit and exchange content and information on areas of the Website that are accessible to other users if you decide so. You should exercise caution if you choose to disclose personal information in a publicly accessible area. You are solely responsible for any personal information that you disclose and disseminate on publicly accessible areas.
- Editing or Correcting Your Personal Information.
- You should advise us if you believe that your personal information is inaccurate.
- You have the right (i) to ask for your personal information to be corrected or updated and (ii) to withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information. To do so, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and remove our Mobile Application from your device. (iii) to access or correct personal information collected through your social network you may log into your social network account and make the appropriate changes. As a result, you may not be able to use certain or all of our Services.
- We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- We restrict access to personal information to Wajam employees and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Services.
- We make commercially reasonable efforts to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of your personal information under our control. To help protect the confidentiality of your personal information, we take appropriate security measures (including physical security measures) and we operate secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at Wajam, 4115 St-Laurent Suite 300, Montreal, Quebec, H2W 1Y7, Canada or by email at email@example.com.
- Additional Policy Information.
- Links to Other Sites. Our Site includes links to other Web sites (such as our blog) whose privacy practices may differ from those of Wajam. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any Web site you visit.
- Testimonials. We post customer testimonials/comments/reviews on our web site or Mobile Application which may contain personally identifiable information. We do obtain the customer's consent via email prior to posting the testimonial to post their name along with their testimonial. If you want your testimonial removed please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notification of Privacy Statement Changes.
- We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
- Limitation of Liability.
- Instructions on how to uninstall Wajam can be found at our How to Uninstall Wajam page. If you need any additional information, you may contact us at email@example.com.